Bad breath can put you in a socially awkward position. Foul breath could be caused by digestion issues, dental infections, gum disease, or a cavity. So make sure you talk to your dentist about this problem. And the following guide will show you how to detect halitosis and show you a natural way to freshen up a bit.
Do You Have Halitosis?
At times it may be hard to smell your breath, as your nose receptors get used to smell and stop detecting it. Someone could tell you, or someone may give you a strange look when you talk to them. But you can consider the following simple methods to check your own breath:
- Lick the back of your wrist, and wait 5 seconds. Smelling your wrist after 5 seconds should reactivate your olfactory senses and reveal if you have foul breath.
- Pull on your cheek a few times with your mouth open. Try to catch a whiff of your breath as you perform this test. Lifting your cheek will allow bacterial waste that is hidden to be released.
- Gently rub the back of your tongue with your clean finger. Most volatile bacterial waste--like the kind responsible for bad breath--sits on the back of your tongue. Smell your finger to see if there's malodor.
If you smell an odor coming from your mouth, don't fret because the following spray should help.
A Simple Halitosis-Busting Breath Spray
The following spray has great ingredients to help control and kill the bacteria responsible for bad breath.
Cinnamon contains cinnamic aldehyde, which is a very powerful antibacterial ingredient. The halitosis-causing bacteria in your mouth will suffer membrane wounds as soon as they come into contact with cinnamon. The strong flavor will help freshen your breath.
Bacteria, including the kind responsible for bad breath, requires an environment with a low pH value. A low pH value helps bacteria procreate and survive. Alkaline water contains a high pH value that should help rebalance your mouth's pH value, making it uninhabitable to oral pathogens.
You'll need the following:
- 1 cup of alkaline water
- An empty and sterilized spray bottle
- 7 drops of cinnamon oil
- Just mix the two ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into your bottle.
- Shake the bottle each time you use the breath spray.
The spray should last a few weeks, depending on the frequency of usage. Remember to see your dentist about the issue. Bad breath could be caused by other issues, as mentioned above.Share